Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pillowcase Romper Overalls



Ok, after a long "vacation" of snotty noses, sickness, and just outright not fun-ness, I am back to the blog. Last night I made a absolutely adorable pillowcase romper overall outfit. The pattern was really well written, and I enjoyed making it. This morning I made another one of them, because the one I made last night was too big... little girl is just a lot littler than most babies her age. So... It literally took me two hours this morning to not only cut it all out, sew it up, and take pictures... you can't beat that. I have a few lessons I learned from it... here they are:

1. When you are sewing something for a child who is very small, it is better to measure it or you will have something that is WAY too big... (lesson learned).
2. If at first you don't succeed try again, because it was so much easier this morning. I practically didn't have to use the pattern because I remembered what it said.
3. A ruffler foot is so much fun. I was able to make close together ruffles, far apart ruffles, and deep ruffles, it was lots of fun learning about it.
4. Don't be afraid to use your son as a model... ;) I won't post the pic, but it was cute... boys will do anything for their Mommas.
5. My little girl is the best model ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment