Saturday, November 6, 2010

Craft Show Success...


Waiting forever is not so long when you are done with whatever you were waiting on... Christmas takes a long time to get here when you are little, but after it is over, you can't even remember what it felt like waiting... I put in a lot of time, energy, and effort into the craft show today. I learned a lot. I learned about how to market your products in an efficient manner. I learned how to stage things to make them look attractive, regal, where you want to buy it right then... I learned about how advertising is necessary in getting traffic into a venue. I learned about myself, what I do when faced with disappointment, how I relate to people. I learned about my daughter, that she is one of the happiest babies ever and will smile and or go to anyone at any time.

I had a good time. I got to talk to a lot of people. The sale part didn't go as well as I hoped, but, I did get to learn about more methods of showcasing my items. I got to see the professionals of craft shows and how they did things.

My favorite part was when Eliza got to sit with Santa... where else could you do that???... and since I had it there sitting on the table, I figured why not put her in the Santa Tutu Halter Dress... ADORABLE... What a photo-op! It was as fun as it could be. I enjoyed getting to meet new people. I enjoyed being able to see other people's wares.

Not a lot of people make their own stuff anymore. It is a lost art. To be able to create something from something as simple as a piece of fabric... to take a single stitch and change the appearance of a garment... To make things beautiful... That is what I love about sewing. I love the simple things. How something so small can make something so much more lovely. A piece of fabric there, a gather there, a seam here, a ruffle there, a ribbon here, all put together makes it something that is beautiful, delicate, and girlie.

While today was not a great financial success... it was something that was a learning experience, and a time for me to be able to meet someone who shared my love of the finer things in life... So for now, it is off to bed, with visions of sugarplums dancing in my head. Who knows what creations tomorrow will hold?...



1 comment: