Sunday, October 3, 2010

Made something new...


This morning for church, BG needed something special to wear to church. I wanted to put her in the pink zebra print dress, but, alas, it was TOO cold this morning. We woke up to temps in the 40's... only a few days ago it was 90! The leaves are finally starting to turn, but it has come so quickly this year... Where were the days in the 70's??? O well... I didn't have anything to cover BG's shoulders... I had about thirty minutes before we had to leave for church... so I decided I would take a jacket that is too big, and not the right color, and use it to make a pattern for a new one. I had some black fleece laying around... and decided I would use it... I cut it, and sewed it, and within thirty minutes I had this BEAUTIFUL PERFECTLY MATCHING sweater for her to wear.

She loved it, however, she could not stay awake for the pictures. It is hard work being a model.

It turned out better than I expected... I really expected that I would sew the arm to the front of it... I never had put sleeves on anything... I made my first dress on Wednesday... So... I am less into a week making these things... so... It turned out perfect. I cut the fabric to make it curve in the front, and not make it button all the way down... wanted to make sure you could see the dress... of course... It was so much fun, and only took a little while to make. Last night I made the headband to match the dress. Perfect outfit. If you want this for your little girl, for a shower gift, or for someone you know, the cost is $50 for the set. Includes dress, headband, sweater, and baby leg warmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment