Sunday, October 17, 2010

Silent Auction Countdown Begins!

I have six days left to finish TWO dresses. One reindeer dress, and one Santa tutu dress, both of which MUST be completed by Sunday, October 24th. I already started on the Santa tutu dress, because I am still looking for ideas on the reindeer dress. Here's an outline of the Santa tutu dress. I took and measured my little model. I then took and measured around under her armpits. This was 16 inches. I took and got 17 inches of elastic and overlapped it an inch, and sewed it to where it was one loop. I then measured her body, from collar bone to her ankles. That was 12 inches. I doubled it because the tulle needs to be two times as long to be able to wrap around the elastic band. That's where I am now. I have about half of the elastic covered. Tomorrow I will finish the other half, along with sewing on the maribu trim, adding the rhinestone accents, and starting on the headband for the reindeer dress... I am not sure what style I will make the reindeer dress so I am trying to take it easy and work on that part last. My main concern is the sleeves... It is a winter dress and needs to have some sort of sleeve. I am making a matching jacket, so, it does not need to have long sleeves... but some sort of sleeve would be good.

I am sooo looking forward to the silent auction. It gives me the perfect excuse to dress BG (Baby Girl) up and get some pictures taken. Well, good night, and hope you have a good night. Happy Crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment